Is a Southern European island country comprising an archipelago of a few islands in the Mediterranean Sea. It lies 80 km (50 mi) south of Sicily, 284 km (176 mi) east of Tunisia, and 333 km (207 mi) north of Libya. The country covers just over 316 km2 (122 sq mi), with a population of around 450,000, making it one of the world’s smallest and most densely populated countrie
Why Malta ?!
- No nationality restrictions for Master, Officers and crews
- No trading restrictions and preferential treatment to Maltese in certain ports
- Well organized and highly responsive flag Administration with one of the largest registers in the world and very active in European Union fora and international organizations
- Maltese requirements are well known to main shipyards and main classification societies
- Reputable and internationally recognized ship register
- Vessels registered under Malta are approximately 800 vessels